So, this past weekend, we had a few fun events and although I had the BEST of intentions concerning photography (camera was in my bag the entire time!) I have NO pictures! (Although I do have a few other pictures to share instead.) I was so bummed when I thought of this fact once I got home (of course). I guess I was just talking too much. ;o)
We went out for a wine tasting at the Vintner's Cellar on Saturday night with my fun new MOPS friends Carrie and Sarah and their husbands. We all recently went to Nashville for our MOPS convention and got to know each other better there, but I had never met their husbands. We had a great time! We first tasted some wine then walked across the parking lot to Red's for dinner. Everything was so good!
Ok, so I couldn't find a picture of all 3 of us, but this is a picture of some of the MOPS girls from Nashville. From left to right....Keely, Carrie, Kala, and Sarah.

Then, on Sunday, we were invited to the Cherry's house for their Housewarming/Cowboy's game party. We've known the Cherry's for several years now, and it was great to catch up with all of our old friends from our most recent bible study class. What a beautiful new house they have!
Sooooo......the big part of my "new friends" story is my new friend Alyson! I was so excited for yesterday's party because I have been blogging with my friend Alyson, but I never had the chance to meet her. Well.....as I was checking out the Evite for the Cherry's party, I noticed her name!! It's a small world afterall. I did know she and her husband lived in Mckinney, but I had no idea we had some mutual friends. It was so great to meet her after writing back and forth on each other's blogs. Isn't she pretty? And tall! It's always so fun to meet someone after only seeing pictures of them. We have both had struggles with building a family, and I have prayed for her and her husband many times since knowing of her and reading her story through her blog..."The Steiner Life". Please pray that God would answer their prayer for children. I felt so blessed to meet Alyson and Justin.

Alyson, it was such a true pleasure to meet you! I will continue to pray for God's will for you and Justin. Keep trusting in Him.
I am so thankful for each and every one of my friends...both old and new.
A friend loves at all times, and is born, as is a brother, for adversity.
Proverbs 17: 17

1 comment:
AWWW!! I love that it is a small world! We love the Steiner's!! We go to church with them and used to be in the same small group.
Post a Comment