Thursday, March 27, 2008

(22 weeks) Our Little Buckaroo

Ok, so I'm really ready to get going on the nursery, but I'm stuck in the "clean out" phase of the project. The bedroom we are making into nursery was a guest room, so Big E had to clean out all of his clothes from the closet as well as every one of the drawers of the dressers. I really don't get that.......E thinks that in order to get full use out of a piece of furniture or out of our house in general, that every area or drawer must be filled. What? This same rule applies to showers and beds. E showers in every bathroom of our house and takes naps on every bed (master bedroom and 2 guest bedrooms). He claims that he's "checking to make sure the water pressure and water heater are still working". Right! So, how about you get out those tub and tile cleaners? Ha! I so love my hubby and all of his little quirks. The man has more closet space in our house than I do!

So I've made a list of areas to be cleaned out or organized, and we are having a big family garage sale in April. Hopefully my ADD will allow me to get it all done without losing my mind!

ANYWAY, the point of this posting was to share my ideas about the nursery. I am so excited that all of the furniture is ordered including a 5 drawer dresser, a combo hutch unit, changing table, and a super-comfy chenille recliner/glider. My sweet friend Monika is giving me her cherry wood sleigh-style crib, so we purchased the rest of the furniture in the same finish. I'm really excited to put it all together.

The theme is going to be "little buckaroo", sort of a western style theme. Mom and I found the cutest fabrics as she offered to make the bumper, curtains, pillows, etc. What a Mom! I'm so ready to get the project moving forward! Here is a picture of the fabrics we've selected. The top swatch is blue ticking, or "train engineer fabric" as I call it. Then the red fabric is brick red with little white stars on it. The blue fabric is sort of a retro fabric with little cowboy scenes on it...one with a cowboy on a horse, one where the cowboy is leaned up against a fence, cute. The bottom fabric is a tan colored chenille with little raised dots. That will be the inside part of the bumper. (If you click on the picture, you can see it in more detail)

We went to a local store here called "The Cat and the Fiddle" and got some more ideas of how to decorate the room. We are going to do a chair railing with a darker tan paint on bottom and a lighter shade on top. The chair I ordered is chocolate brown chenille. Here are some pictures of the vignette they had at The Cat and the Fiddle that helped us out with ideas.
I just love the rope tacked up at the top of the walls. Too cute. Dad says he knows just the place to get that kind of rope. We are also going to Canton next week to see what we can find for the nursery. So exciting!
That bedroom also has a full bath attached, so we get to redo that too! Wow...I'm getting a little stressed just thinking about all of this! Four more months to go. It's a good thing I'm not working, I think.
Anyway, I just thought I would share my little project with you all. I will keep you updated as to my/our progress. Hopefully by this time next month, we will be well on our way!


1 comment:

The Drama Mama said...

Oh gosh, that is so cute! Love it! I hope you are feeling well...I love seeing new updates!

Hey, I emailed you a while back and I just wanted to make sure you got the email. It was about designing your blog. I got your email address off of the Sunday school website, so I wasn't sure if it was accurate. Right now I don't have access to email (Kylie is in the hospital and for some reason I can't open my email)...but you can leave me a comment on my blog if you would like. I wouldn't mind putting something together for you if you were interested...just thought I would let you know!

Have a great Sunday!