Monday, June 2, 2008

Our nursery--A family affair (32 weeks)

I'm so excited to report that our nursery is nearly complete! As my title states, it has certainly been a family affair to get to this point. We did hire painters to come in and paint the walls in both the actual room as well as texture and paint the adjoining bathroom which had yellow and blue toile wallpaper. The paint colors turned out great, and then Dad and Ernest put up the chair railing and painted that as well. A couple of weeks later, the furniture came in and Mom and I were off on our sewing challenge. We made the curtains first, then the crib skirt and finished things up with the bumper last week. I love the way everything turned out! Now all we have left is the diaper stacker, actual photos for my picture frames, maybe a pillow or two, and Dad is building a cute shelf with horseshoe hooks near the door of the room. Oh, and I'm still waiting on the rest of my bandana knobs to come in for the dresser. :o) We had once talked about putting up the rope at the top of the walls as pictured in one of my earlier posts (got the idea from the Cat and the Fiddle) but Mom and I thought it might look too busy, so that idea was nixed. I think Austin will like his little room, and we might be able to have this same theme for a few years since it's not too "baby". Now all we need is for him to arrive! Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for all of your help!

p.s. click on the pictures to view more detail.






5 comments:

The Henrie Family said...

very cute!

MillerFam said...

Taryn,

It looks great! I love everything. Sorry we missed seeing you this last visit. We were just there this past week, it was crazy busy. Hope the pregnancy is going well.

Love,
Amy

Unknown said...

The nursery is darling! We have the perfect present for Austin's room. We will ship it to you soon from down here in San Miguel de Allende.

Love, Carol & Ernest

The Drama Mama said...

Too cute! I have been thinking about you! I hope you are feeling great!

Anonymous said...

TOO cute! Great job! He will love it.