
Hi friends! I hope you all are enjoying a restful and romantic Valentine's Day! Ah yes, it's the queen of Hallmark holidays...or as a friend of mine recently put it, "the rookie holiday". I thought that was a pretty good one! While I do love to be showered with roses and treated to a special dinner, I think I've eased up a bit on this holiday filled with pinks and reds, and I'm sure my sweet hubby is pretty happy about that one. After many years of wonderful gifts and flowers, I've decided that now I would rather save up for our anniversary, which is just a couple of weeks away on March 9. We will be married for 7 years!
Even so, today I am making my Valentine a French Silk Chocolate pie to enjoy after the mystery dinner he is preparing for me! This should be interesting! LOL! All kidding aside, I thought it was so sweet of him to offer to make me dinner as we don't have childcare tonight and we sort of celebrated Valentine's earlier in the week in New Orleans! I tagged along on Big E's business trip this past Monday-Wednesday and we stayed at the Ritz! Pretty fancy! We had a great time and Big E even treated me to a massage while he was out on his sales calls. So sweet.

Oh! And I forgot...last night we also went to dinner with some new friends and had a great time, and then we came home and watched the movie Fireproof for the first time. We both thought it was great! Just like everyone warns, it does start out a bit cheesy and the acting isn't the best, but it has such a wonderful message. I think us married folks need reminders like that every now and then. I'm so appreciative of my husband. Thanks sweetie for all you do for me and for Austin! I'm so thankful and blessed to have such a cute Valentine!




No comments:
Post a Comment