Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm an Aunt!

Happy New Year! I hope each of you are enjoying a wonderful 2010 so far! As you can tell, I've been pretty busy these past few weeks with all of the holidays and most recently with the new addition of my sweet baby newphew! Maxwell John Remington was born at 2:04 am on January 9. My sister Paige was only 34 weeks along when her water broke early Friday morning. Max weighed 5 pounds 11 ounces which is very good for a baby that young. He was 18 1/2 inches long. He has dark blonde hair and such a sweet face.

He will be in the NICU for the next several weeks. We are praying it will be sooner than later that he will be able to come home. I haven't even been able to hold him yet. So hard. My heart goes out to those Moms with babies in the NICU. It sure makes things more difficult with feeding etc. But we are blessed and I know God is taking care of Max! He is breathing well and I know he'll be home before we know it and before long he and Austin will be tearin' in up!

I can't wait!

3 comments:

T said...

Look at him, he looks like he is smiling!! Praying for him to come home very soon! I had a 34 weeker boy so I know how hard it is with those "wimpy, white boys!" Lol, that's what my doctor used to call white preemie boy babies! I also will pray for your sister, keep up her strength through this exhausting emotional time!

Alyson Steiner said...

Congratulations, Auntie Taryn! He is absolutely beautiful, and I'm so glad to hear he is doing that well. I will pray that he will quickly be home in your sister's arms, and getting extra love from all of you guys!

Shana said...

Hope he gets to come home soon! Being in the NICU is no fun and so hard on everyone! Keep us posted!