Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our first visit with "The Big Guy"!

This past weekend we ventured out to join in the retail fun and more importantly, introduce Austin to Santa! Prior to our visit, I was informed that the Stonebriar Santa had moved his sleigh and reindeer elsewhere this year, so although it was a little out of our way, we traveled to the Village shops in Allen. Of course, Saturday morning is the time everyone chooses to do this type of thing, so the line was a bit trecherous. We waited for about 45 minutes I think, and then......the big moment. Hold your breath....will he cry?....will he scream?....or will he take a liking to the big white beard?
After the initial shock (pictured above) things went pretty well! Thanks to a few tips from Santa as we approached his lap...."don't even let him look at me", and "just keep talking to him and step backward for the picture" we made it through and got a few cute shots. I haven't scanned in the actual shot we purchased, but these are a few shots Ernest got while I acted like a goofball trying to get him to smile. My mom came along too, and we all cozied up at the coffee shop afterwards to warm up a bit. We'll have to see how next year goes!

2 comments:

Tricia Hoffmann said...

It's not a Christmas picture without a kid screaming in it! Trinity's came at 18 months and I LOVE the picture.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is AWESOME! I'm so glad we are in MOPS together! Have a Merry Christmas!