Monday, June 1, 2009

A weekend of firsts!

Big news! Austin FINALLY started crawling on Friday! He was on the verge of crawling for several weeks, and he finally moved one little hand in front of the other Friday morning. So cute. Now, he loves to practice his new skills. He's all over the place! We have a lot of shopping to do....baby gates for the stairs, outlet covers, cabinet baby proofing etc. He also loves to go under our coffee table upstairs, and he has already hit his little noggin about 3 times. Not sure what to do on that one. The height of the table is about 1 inch too low. I guess he'll just have to learn how to duck. I'm watching him closely, so we haven't had too many problems yet. Growing up so fast! We also took Austin swimming for the first time on Saturday. It was such a hot day, so we all ventured out to the neighborhood pool across the street, but not before many preparations for my bright white little dude. Poor guy, he has the fairest skin. But, I know the feeling.
I sprayed him all over and rubbed him all down with sunscreen, put on his little swim trunks and swim shirt, then put on his sun hat, and blew up his turtle float, and off we went. His turtle was super cute! The shell goes up and down for shade.

So, now I have to be on full alert for the little man! He's keeping me on my toes. I can't believe he'll be one year old in about 6 weeks! Amazing. Time flies when you're having fun.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Tricia Hoffmann said...

Watch out now! He's going to be five before you know it!

Debbie Willett said...

Way to go Austin...this is where the fun REALLY begins!

Shana said...

We had that same turtle float last summer for Olivia! Looks like he had fun in the water!!