Well, I've had a little downtime this week as I've been sick with the flu. So fun. I didn't realize E had been sick while camping up in Oregon, and that he wasn't fully recovered when he returned home. Guess that's what I get for kissing my husband, right? Fortunately, he didn't get a fever, but for whatever reason, mine was 102. Really? Just awful. I haven't been sick in so long, so I guess I can't complain too much. As I made a permanent imprint on the couch, I read a book I just checked out from our church library. The title is "The Wedded Unmother" by Kaye Halverson. This book is a personal account of her struggles to become a mother. Such a great book for anyone experiencing family building challenges. I read it cover to cover in a matter of a couple of hours. I thought I would share a few quotes from the book...quotes she had gathered as she waited to become a mother. Each day is unique and has a different feel, much like these quotations:
The person who prides himself on having the courage to say what he thinks should be sure he thinks. -Anonymous
A philosopher is a person who knows just what to do until it happens to him.-Henry Hasse
What a pity human beings can't exchange problems. Everyone knows exactly how to solve the other fellow's. -Olin Miller
Things could be worse. Suppose they published your errors daily like they do for baseball players. - Anonymous
If you are all wrapped up in yourself, you are overdressed.-Anonymous
Lastly, this is a poem Kaye's mom sent to Kaye as she was learning to cope with her circumstaces:
"Accept your womanhood, my daughter, and rejoice in it.
It is your glory that you are a woman, for that is why he loves you, he whom you love.
Be gentle, be wise, as a woman is gentle and wise.
Be ardent and love with a woman's ardor.
Through your love, teach him what it means to be a man, a noble man, a strong man.
Believe in him, for only through your belief can he believe in himself.
In your secret heart, man and woman, we long above all else to know that the other, the one we love, knows what we are and believes in what we can be.
Is this not romance?
Yes, and the highest romance, investing the smallest detail of life with the color of joy."
So, today I take these words to heart. Being able to stand strong and face the day gets a little tough when you are physically ill, so it was good advice. I am thankful for what I do have. First and foremost, I am so thankful for my faith--knowing that God is with me, and in a very close second, I am so thankful God blessed with a wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally.

No comments:
Post a Comment