Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Baby this week for sure! (37 weeks 1 day)

So today's big adventure was my sono appointment downstairs on 3rd floor. I couldn't sleep past 7, so I got up, took a shower and ate breakfast. (Dinner around here is served at 4:45, so breakfast is a good thing. I feel like I'm in a assisted living facility with this eating schedule. lol!) Well, then I thought I would have plenty of time to spruce up for my big outing, so I started to 'put on my face' and blow dry my hair. My nurse said she had no idea when they would call me for my sono. Well, it was about 7:45 and lo and behold.....the wheelchair was at my door and they asked me to hop in for my sono. Nice. I'm already feeling so lovely with this new swollen look I have going, and now my only outing beyond these four walls is with wet hair and au-naturale (sp?). Oh well. Gotta do what cha gotta do.

So, our little man still looks great and all is well in his world, however, my health is still gradually declining. My b/p's gradually keep going up, and my headaches get worse each day. I'm also still inching up with the protein levels. My perinatologist at the sono seemed pretty concerned about the headaches and suggested I talk to my OB about this. He also said our baby has a big head and estimated his weight at 7.9 pounds. Wow!

Dr. Speight (OB) then came by a few hours later. She first told me that we would induce next Wednesday if nothing else changes. What! Next Wednesday! I was worried I just might lose my mind. I was under the impression we were having a baby this week! Well, we discussed the sono and peri appointment, and after she left the room for a bit to consult with my perinatologist, she came back in and said we will induce either tomorrow or Thursday! My peri doctor was concerned about my health and said that since the baby is so healthy already, as viewed by the sono, he felt the best plan was to induce this week. They are running a few more tests today to determine if we need to start with Cervidil tomorrow or Thursday.

Things are progressing and we are praying all goes well! I am a little nervous, excited, anxious, thankful, and scared all at the same time. Women do this every day, right? I'm guessing everyone feels this way with their first delivery.

Just wanted to keep you all up to date, if interested. Thank you so much for your emails, calls, and prayers of support. They are so appreciated!

With love,
Taryn

3 comments:

Rhonda Reeves said...

We are praying for a safe delivery and can't wait to meet little Austin! Thanks for the updates.

Jason, Rhonda, Rylee, & Reagan

The Drama Mama said...

Oh, that is so exciting! You are in my prayers, girl! What an exciting next few days...can't wait to read more!

Royce & Betty said...

Hey Taryn & Earnie -

Just wanted to let you know we're keeping up with the blog and really appreciate you posting your experiences. We will be praying for a safe and blessed delivery! Congratulations and the very best wishes! Taryn, take good care of yourself. Can't wait to hear about the delivery of little (um, big) Austin! Hope to see you guys in the near future! Please post pics quickly...I know you'll have a few other things to take care of, but we want to see first pics!!

Betty & Royce