Monday, July 7, 2008

Greetings from my new locale! (37 weeks)

You guessed it....I'm at the hospital. Ah yes, this lovely pastel sanctuary abloom with a lovely pink and blue tulip border is the place I now call home....but hopefully not for long. I was admitted yesterday, Sunday, due to some new symptoms I was experiencing. Over the past several days, I had been getting more headaches and some slight changes in my vision. So, after reading up on these symptoms, I decided it best to call the on-call doctor. She then said I should go ahead and come to the hospital to have everything checked out.

So, I finished packing my hospital bag and Ernest and I headed out to Presby Dallas. After the initial check in procedures, they put me in a room and ran several tests including my blood pressure, blood tests, a stress test and heart monitor for the baby, and a few other tests.

Austin is doing great....everything with him looked perfect. However, my blood pressure was/is still a problem, and due to me having so many preeclampsia symptoms, the on-call doctor felt it best that I be admitted. Next, we would need to talk to my OB to get her final recommendations. That brings us to today. I thought my doctor would be doing rounds this morning, but it wasn't until after lunch that we finally got to see her. Apparently, she didn't even know I was here until I sent Ernest down to her office right after lunch. oops.

Anyway, she said that due to my increased protein levels, swelling, headaches, and borderline b/p's, she wanted me to stay on hospital bed rest. She wants me to have another sono tomorrow, and she guessed that we will most likely induce toward the end of the week! Wow! While that will certainly seem like an eternity at this rate, that is very soon! So we should have a baby by this weekend, if not sooner! She said if one thing worsens at this point, relating to my symptoms, we could induce at any time to ensure my own health.

So, that's the latest. We would sure appreciate your prayers as we make our way through this week. I will most certainly keep you all updated as to our progress.

Now go outside and take in a deep breath of fresh air...and take in a little extra for me! I really applaud you ladies that have been on hospital bed rest for an extended period of time.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
Taryn

2 comments:

Ross and Carrie said...

We are praying that your blood pressure will go down and you will get to deliver soon!

The Drama Mama said...

How exciting to know the end is SO near! It will be here before you know it. I am saying prayers for all of you...I can't wait to hear updates and hopefully see pictures of Austin really soon! Hugs!