Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our 15 minutes!

Well, Austin is only a week old and he has already had his first on-camera interview! Just prior to his birth, we were contacted by our RE doctor and asked if we would like to participate in a story Jeff Brady was working on for Channel 8 news. If you are unfamiliar, Jeff Brady is the 5 o'clock anchor for Channel 8. I said I was willing to talk to him as he was doing a story on embryo adoption. Since we were the first couple to ever do an embryo adoption at Presby Dallas, Jeff Brady wanted our viewpoint for the story along with our doctors as well as a donating family in our area.

So, yesterday was our big day! Nothing like being interviewed with a slight bit of sleep deprivation. My train of thought was all over the place. But it was a great experience. They even had a mic on Austin as he had the hiccups when Jeff and his camera man first arrived. They just came to our house for the interview. After about 45 minutes we were done, and after quite a bit of editing, I'm sure, our story will make the 10 o'clock news next Tuesday night. (although there are no guarantees as the schedule for stories is somewhat flexible) If not Tuesday night, then one of the following nights of next week, 10 o'clock news.

So tell your friends or anyone who may be interested in embryo adoption to watch! Truly the reason we wanted to share our story in such a public way is to spread the word about what God has miraculously done in our lives through Austin's birth. I first heard about embryo adoption from my sister, Paige, who heard about it on James Dobson's radio show. Embryo adoption is a fairly new option for couples struggling with infertility, so if we can help someone struggling with such a difficult life circumstance, we thought we would take the opportunity to share our story. We are so very thankful of all God has done and continues to do in our lives.

To get an even better idea of what this news story is about, click on the WFAA logo at the top of this post. I have included a hyperlink to Jeff Brady's blog on WFAA where he discusses this story as it's being developed.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Ernest, Taryn & Austin

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are thrilled for you and Ernie! Austin has arrived and he is already a TV celebrity! He is a handsome boy.

We will be in Austin, TX the last week of July and will send a special gift from there. It is such a hassle to mail things from San Miguel.

Love to all of you.
Carol & Ernest

The Drama Mama said...

WOW, that is so cool to be able to share your story and God's LOVE! Can't wait to watch it! I have been praying for your guys...I can imagine you are soaking up every minute and detail of that precious son of yours! Congrats again!

LeClair Family said...

Very cool!! I will be sure to check out the evening news. It is so great that you are able to share your story!!

Heather LeClair

Tricia Hoffmann said...

Saw your beautiful family on TV last night! My friend has questions so I am sending your blog her way! I hope everyone is doing well!