Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day



I found this video on YouTube the other day, and I just melted. I hope you take the time to watch. I've known women in each of these circumstances and I've experienced the pain of infertility myself, as most of you know. My intention was to post this yesterday as I know that Mother's Day can be SUCH a difficult day for women experiencing "family building challenges" as I like to call it. (that "I" word sounds so negative) Every Mother's Day our church has baby dedication, and I remember a couple of years ago, I had to walk out of the service. I was so happy for all of the families at the front, but I just didn't understand why God wasn't allowing us to have that same experience, and feel that same joy.

So for those of you that may read this and who may have had a tough day yesterday, my heart goes out to you. I often pray for other women experiencing family building challenges as this was an intensely painful time in my life. It was unlike any pain I had ever known. I questioned my purpose and my future. But I always held on to hope. Hope in Christ. And He finally answered my prayer. I am ever thankful that I was able to celebrate with those Mom's at the front of church yesterday and that I was able to smile and share in their joy.

We serve a mighty God.

Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That video has me bawling... thanks for being so open about your story and all that God has done in your life, Taryn! I am glad to hear Austin's MRI went well too!