Friday, April 10, 2009

Bronchitis blues on Good Friday

So I've been trying my best to just look right past the fact that I've been feeling kinda junky for the past week, but today things kinda fell apart. I'm usually a very productive person and I like to have things a certain way around my house, but if you walked into my house this morning and checked the place out, you would definitely know that something is remiss.
Out of curiosity, I looked up the definition of remiss....

1. Lax in attending to duty; negligent.
2. Exhibiting carelessness or slackness.

Yup. So since Big E is coming home from his business trip tonight and things soooo needed to get done so he didn't come home to a stressful house, I gave in and finally went to the clinic at the hospital (unfortunately, my doctor's office was closed for Good Friday...as they should be). Austin and I went in and got a check up and sure enough, Bronchitis. ugh. I've had this awful cough that has kept me up at night and I'm completely exhausted at this point in the week since I also haven't had any help with Austin. I thought surely it would just go away. It didn't. But at least now I have a Z Pack. Thank you Lord for Z Packs. I even had to call my Mom all weepy this morning because I felt so overwhelmed and she came over to help me with the house and with Austin.
Thanks Mom, you're the best.
Yeah, I felt kinda pathetic about that one. June Cleaver has left the building. Although I've never been the pearl wearing variety anyway. I just tend to be a perfectionist, so when things are a mess I get a little verclemped. Tomorrow is a new day!

Anyway, at least now I know what's going on and I have drugs and cough medicine.

I hope that you all are having a better day on this beautiful Good Friday. Maybe my illness is a good reminder of the FAR greater suffering that took place on this day long ago as Jesus was crucified. But as Kelly's blog pointed out in her Good Friday post today.... Sunday's comin'!

I hope you all have a blessed Easter!

Photobucket

No comments: