Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm so thankful for the two men in my life. Both have forever changed me and my life in so many wonderful ways. I thank God for both Ernest and Austin each day.

At the time of our anniversary this year, things were a bit crazy for me and I didn't really mention our anniversary on the blog. But don't worry, I didn't forget about the big day! So, I wanted to add a little something here on this random Thursday since sometimes a random day is even better. We had a wonderful night out to celebrate seven years this past March 9. Ernest surprised me and took me to Nick & Sam's and then we spent some time together in downtown Dallas after dinner. It was wonderful! He is always so thoughtful with planning our date nights.

And since we were married 7 years this year, I want to share seven of the many things I love about my man Ernesto.....

1. He loves the Lord and therefore he can love me in an even greater capacity
2. He works very hard to provide for me and Austin and I am so proud of all he has done at work including his promotion this year.
3. He is a loving husband who shares his heart with me. I'm so thankful for our good communication.
4. He is such a great Daddy. Ernest was a little timid moving into his new role and didn't quite know what to expect, but now he is all in! He is so great with Austin and helps me out so much. I am SO appreciative.
5. He is always willing to help others whether that is his sister, his mother, or someone in need, Ernest has a very giving and charitable heart. God has brought him through some pretty tough times and a pretty tough family situation as he grew up, and I feel this has made Ernest into a very compassionate and merciful man.
6. I love his little quirks like how he thinks we shouldn't open the garage door too often because the motor might stop working, or how he started using the 2nd drawer down from the top for his toothbrush (instead of the usual first drawer) because he wanted to make sure he was using each drawer equally. He also takes showers in each of our bathrooms to make sure the water pressure is still good. Our guests are so thankful! ;o)
7. I love that he was always so encouraging to me during the years we tried so hard to get pregnant. Some of those scary and doubtful feelings are coming back again as we would really like to have another baby in the next year or two, but I know that God will take care of me and that Ernest will be there once again to support and encourage me. I am so thankful God brought him into my life.

I love you both more than words can say!

Our engagement photo...back in 2001


...and one of our most recent shots


Photobucket

1 comment:

Alyson Steiner said...

What a wonderful man you have!! Isn't God so good that He created just the perfect partner for each of us?! Congrats on 7 years together!